Discover Year Round Fun and Involvement in Burien: “You Belong Here”
Burien is a community where people come together to celebrate and have fun in a spirit of camaraderie. It’s one of the benefits of Burien’s small-town feel.
You can find a continuous variety of programming at Burien Community Center. Moshier Community Art Center, The Environmental Science Center, and Burien Library. The year-round, weekly Farmers Market is not to be missed. As for festivals, Burien hosts one-of-a-kind events like Arts-A-Glow, where you can discover art throughout the city, enjoy light installations and murals, visit a new night market and do it all while wearing a costume and carrying a beautiful lantern.
Here is just a sampling of the festivals and celebrations that liven up Burien’s calendar:
- Burien Film Festival: Celebrates hyperlocal and international short films.
- First Fridays Music and Art Walk
- Burien Pride: Celebrates the LGBTQ+ community and allies.
- Independence Day: Featuring the longest-running parade in the region (since 1921!).
- Olde Burien Block Party: Annual all-ages community event, perfect for couples, families and friends to enjoy.
- B-Town Fiesta: Celebrates Latino culture with music, dance, kids’ activities, and a vendor marketplace.
- Boo in Burien: Annual event with family fun and a 21+ Creepy Crawlers Pub Crawl.
- Día de los Muertos
- Miracle on 152nd Street: Annual holiday celebration on Shop Small Saturday.
Visit Discover Burien to learn more and check out the current event schedule here.
“The business owners in Burien work together, planning events that bring our community together and draw in customers.”
— Beka, Owner of The Shoppe Seahurst
“Burien is a cool, hipster town that is not afraid to do something crazy and fun!”
— Nancy Salguero McKay, Highline Heritage Museum Executive Director